Explainer videos are a great way to get the customer's attention. Not only because they…
Corporate videos are a great way to get the word out about your company. They are also ideal for providing that piece of corporate information in a clear and concise manner. In this sense, they should convey what your company stands for while capturing the audience’s attention. Hiring a British voice actor could be a good idea for corporate videos and here you will find out why.
What is a corporate voiceover?
First things first, what exactly is a corporate voiceover?
Well, corporate voiceovers are narrations that companies use to convey a message, either internally or externally. Basically, they are videos that are shared or broadcast on various platforms such as Youtube, Vimeo, Daily motion or even on the company’s intranet or website.
This is an example of a corporate voiceover. In this video with British voice actor Paul Uwin, the company Minasul presents general information about its corporation.
When to use corporate voiceovers
Many companies use corporate voiceovers for customers, employees and business partners. For the most part, corporate voice overs are used as advertising spots. But companies also present them as explainer videos for internal communications. You can find out more about what each type of corporate video is used for below.
The advantage of a British voice over actor
In addition to the format, a professional British voice actor can give a greater impact to your corporate videos. This is for many reasons related to their accent, experience and competitive advantage. Here are some of them.
- The British accent conveys seriousness, elegance and professionalism.
- Many corporations see British voice-overs as attractive to the global market. This is because voice over has also become more diverse, with a growing demand for different dialects and accents.
- A British voice actor can help you stand out from the competition, as many companies use American voice actors. This makes British voice talents an exotic asset for your company.
- Any native and non-native English speaker can understand the British accent.
- A professional voice can convey more confidence and strengthen your brand.
- A British voice actor will help you make your message sound the way you want it to sound.
Types of corporate voice over
Now let’s look at what types of corporate voice over exist and how to choose the right voice.
Internal corporate voiceover
- Corporate imaging. Corporate profile, overview of products and services, company history, mission, vision and objectives.
- Training videos. Teaches about technologies and processes. Instructs employees on how to perform specific tasks, where to find corporate resources, how to interact with customers, workplace safety policies, coaching for products and services, among other things.
- Explainer videos. Detailed instructions
- Internal communications. Internal corporate voice-overs serve to share information with customers and employees. They include, among other things, induction of new employees, corporate policies, important milestones, news, awards won, announcements about outages or technical maintenance, mergers with other companies.
External corporate voiceover
- Promotional videos for products and services. Broadcasting on television, websites or advertising platforms.
- Industrial videos. Typically used for marketing, investment or fundraising purposes.
They are informative corporate videos and are often presented at trade fairs.
- Social media & branding videos. Brand focused. Target specific clients. SEO optimised corporate voiceovers.
- Social responsibility. It shows the company’s commitment to the environment and the community. These corporate voice overs can also include testimonials from customers and partners.
Choosing the right voice for your corporate videos
When it comes to selecting a British voice actor, there are a few things to keep in mind.
Since there are several types of corporate videos, each requires a different type of voice. You need to think about who your audience is – are you speaking to your customers, employees or partners?
A versatile British voice actor
The British voice actor can help you choose the right tone of voice. If your corporate video is aimed at your employees (e.g., explainer voice over or training video), it is best if the British voice actor uses a friendly, casual and conversational tone. This way your employees will feel more familiar.
When it comes to videos on safety at work, a serious and authoritative voice would be more appropriate.
On the other hand, if your target audience is customers, a more animated and appealing tone of voice may be ideal. A deep, masculine voiceover also generates a sense of calm and greater interest. No wonder Morgan Freeman’s voice has been used in so many films and documentaries.
What about your investors and partners? A British voice actor is sure to give you the professional, formal, elegant and engaging tone that your corporate voiceover needs to capture their attention.
The right pace
Pace is also very important, as the message must be clear but not boring. In this sense, knowing the audience is essential to establish the right voice over rhythm. And this is achieved with experience.
The professional touch of an experienced British voice actor will get your corporate voice over right on target. As British voice talents work with various corporate clients, their knowledge of different types of voiceovers, corporate videos and audiences makes it easy for them to choose the right voice.
A professional British voice over can convey the professionalism that your corporate videos need. It can maintain a steady pace, correct intonation and good pronunciation throughout the corporate video. This will avoid confusion and make your audience feel closer to your company.
How to hire a British voice actor
The British Voiceover Man
If you are looking for British male voice talent, you have just found it!
Paul Urwin is a Latin America-based British male voiceover. His versatile, deep, friendly voice makes him the ideal corporate voice-over choice. With over 15 years of experience, The British Voice Over Man has had the opportunity to work with several corporate clients. In addition, he has also worked on other TV, radio and explainer video campaigns for various industries.
This award-winning voice over talent can help you give your corporate videos the professional touch they need. Paul offers a full voice over service from his fully equipped home studio. This allows him to offer a very quick turnaround time and high-quality audio.